Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Welcome to the MidBoss WikiEdit
MidBoss is a video game about possessing your defeated enemies in order to become stronger. You play the weakest of the dungeon denizens, an imp with no ability other than possessing other creatures. Your goal is to defeat and possess increasingly stronger creatures, unlocking their abilities for yourself and becoming stronger as you go along, and eventually defeat and become the dungeon's ultimate endboss.
The game is currently in pre-alpha and only available on Windows, that means many features are as of yet not implemented. It's available to download for free at midboss.net.
- Possess your enemy and gain their strengths and skills
- Like tooltips? We've got tooltips for everything! All the information you need at your fingertips.
- Line of sight and fog of war systems, and none of that cone of sight stuff. We assume you can look over your shoulder.
- An absolute mess of abilities. We've got your passives, your actives, and your innates! With only half the planned enemies implemented, there are already 35 unique abilities to discover and learn.
- Randomly generated dungeon floors are different every time.
- Single-file save and resume, you don't even have to click any buttons for your game to save, it's all taken care of.
- Permanent death, if you die your save is gone! An unforgiving roguelike, just the way we like it. (save-scumming is available)
- Full options menu including key rebinding, resolution options, and more! (FoV slider coming soon)
- Miss the good old days? Got some nostalgia for those eye-bleeding CGA cyans and magentas? Miss the old Gameboy days, or were you more of a C64 fan? There's 12 retro mode filters available in the options menu, and more coming in the future!
(Kitsune Games is not responsible for any loss of vision, bleeding of the eyes, or other personal injury caused by playing with the CGA mode filter active)